2.1
Coverage Area
Style and Design

There is an automatic $10.00 credit card charge to reflect $10.00 account credit when I downgraded from the Premium 2GB LTE Unlimited to Basic LTE 200 during the first month. I requested a refund from their email support - since it would cost me $5.99 to speak with a live customer service representative.

I received a response within 48 hours with the following explanation: I was informed that when the account is cancelled, FreedomPop can then process the refund of the credit. However, you do not have access to the account when it has been cancelled. Obviously, not a free service.

The company uses tiered billing plans/services to confuse customer. Don't recommend.

Product or Service Mentioned: Freedompop Account.

I liked: Idea for affordable cellular service, Low cost plan.

I didn't like: Deceit and devious billing practices, Deceptive billing practices.

Comments

Same here. Actually I was hit with a $40 fee to downgrade.

I signed up and ordered a device. I was prompted to get a second device for $4.99 and no extra s/h charges that I agreed to. The night I received the devices, I downgraded my service to the free plan. I was hit with a $20 (balance credit) charge to help pay for service if I ever exceed the free usage.

I sent an email asking a tech related question and I received a response stating that my second device was still on the full price plan. I had to downgrade that as well. I was charged another $20. This means that if I would not have downgraded, I would have been charged the full price of a plan on both devices.

This company is very sneaky with their billing practices. At least now I can use both devices if necessary.