Coverage Area
Style and Design

Total scam really - lured in with the offer of a free sim card with free data and calls and end up being charged for hidden extras that I didn't know I had signed up for. I downgraded the plan (for some reason I was on a plan...) to the free version and then a month later when I checked my Amex bill I found I was being $7.99 for voicemail and other services despite downgrading to the free plan.

(does anyone actually have the free plan??) You have to phone and go through an automated system to actually cancel cancel your plan. Dirty tricksters that could do so well if it wasn't for their devious greed.

Product or Service Mentioned: Freedompop Phone Service Free Trial.

Reason of review: Not as described.

I didn't like: Unauthorized billing of services, Deceit and devious billing practices.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jun 09, 2017.

Comments

Absolutely. The company promises no hidden charges and once in a while I found charges popping up on my credit cards for not using their connection.

And I had to spend over 2 hours to reverse those charges. And it happened more than 10 times. Once there was a charge for using more than 50% of the free talk time. That money was never returned to me.

Even after cancelling the service. Btw, cancelling took more than 4 hours because I was not allowed to cancel online.

If I wanted to contact the customer service via online messaging, I had to pay a premium. It's a total scam.

Yeah, I tried it. Bunch of hidden fees. Don't bother with it.