2.5
Coverage Area
Poster decreased review rating.

I've been a sort-of FreedomPop customer for several years as having a free mobile backup service was appealing to me. I tried to be very careful about downgrading my services before being charged.

I also tried to keep within my allocated minutes/data usage to avoid extra charges as well. Most recently, I received notification from FreedomPop that I had to change to a new sim card to continue to use the free sim card services (due to network upgrades). I received the new sim card with the various first month free usages. After 2 weeks I downgraded my service so that I could continue as a free customer.

Unfortunately, there are 2 services that need to be downgraded and I only downgraded one of them. I was not paying close attention to my account or charge card bill and just realized that I had been charged $7.99 for the past 3 months. I wrote customer support about the issue, twice, but could not get them to agree to a refund either full or partial. So, I'll join the ranks of unhappy previous customers who are tired of the difficulties in trying to keep on top the crafty ways that FreedomPop tries to find to make sure you pay something for this service.

Specifics: I signed up for: LTE SIM Kit - 3-in-1 - Voice/Data Bundle The item that I did not downgrade was: FreedomPop Phone Premier The item that I did downgrade was the "data plan". The above service is considered an additional service that must be downgraded separately.

Product or Service Mentioned: Freedompop Sim Card.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

I liked: Free services.

I didn't like: Having to be very careful about additional services.

Comments