filters
State:
City:
Product:

Freedompop - Very Disappointing

Today I cancelled a voice plan with Freedompop that I don't believe I signed up for. Yet I was billed for it for a number of months. Also, I tried very much in vain both to contact someone by phone without paying, and to "submit a ticket" from the support site. It seems virtually impossible to speak with a real person without being billed $5.95. On the support website, you can supposedly “submit a ticket”. Doing so requires your FreedomPop email and password. I tried this probably 10 times in 2 different browsers. Very embarrassing for a technology company. Very frustrating!! I would like to speak with someone having the authority to refund charges to me for services never used. I can't say I'm optimistic about being able to.

Freedompop - Ripoff

I signed up for their wifi hotspot service. After receiving I found that my rural area could not receive their service. I cancelled the service despite the difficulty navigating their website. However four months later I found they were charging me for so-called Premier service which I had never ordered. The procedures for cancelling service are difficult to work through online. I had to ask their technician to cancel the service. The technician at no time advised that the additional charge for "Premier Service" would be imposed. I have filed a complaint with the BBB.

Freedompop in Los Angeles, California - Scammed on SIM card

Bought a $50 sim card for a one year plan for use in a hotspot . Packaging says it is compatible with most android devices. When i called to find out why my device didnt recognize the sim card was told it is only for phones. You have to open the packaging to get contact info, which makes the card unreturnable. NOWHERE does the packaging indicate it for phones only, nor does it give info about compatability. Customer service is marginal at best, rude at worst
Reply to reviews
I was paying $12.98 for their ser on my moms acct.last month they put in a free trail without and notification now just because i did not cancel it before the trail ended they charged me $27.98 i ask u how can i cancel the free trail if i did not know i was in it they...
3.1

Freedompop - Billed me even though I don't have an account

FreedomPop charged $32 to my PayPal account in error. I have tried calling their Customer Service number but without an active account you can't get out of the main phone tree. The only live people available are the new line startup folks, and they just transfer me back to the main tree. I can't find an address to write to. The email they list on the PayPal charge is unmonitored, it just sends back a message to call Customer Service again.
1.4

Freedompop in Los Angeles, California - No network access

For no reason, in fact a few days after they took an automatic top up I lost network access. Translates: no maps, etc, no phone - ability to make calls or receive them worked while I was at home or in wifi like walmart, etc. but not in my car, not around the block, no place. I drive Uber PT, I need access, this cost me 3 days of work! Free? sure if you don't want to use it. They charge for everything! porting your number is $10; then they want you to pay for support! No I have been asking for 3 days so far to get my port out information which is Account # and Pin. If you sign up, insist on an account number being given to you unless you don't care about keeping your number.
1.1
I liked
  • Low cost
  • No monthly fee
  • Low cost plan
I didn't like
  • You have to pay to talk to a representative
  • Hidden charges
  • Refusal to give you your account number and pin
Show

Freedompop in Los Angeles, California - They will never stop billing you for so called free service

They promised free access with a mobile hotspot but they will bill you 25 dollars a month. The service only promised 500 megs per month plus very still overages. I never used it more than just testing it and I've been billed over 200 dolars over the last 3 months.
1.3
Show

Freedompop - They will never stop billing you for their so called free account

Don't be fooled like I was with their promise of free internet access. What did I think they were doing giving me "free access" out of the goodness of their heart? No they use sneaky weasle language that prevents you from ever using any sort of "free access". No matter what I did with their website I got billed 25 dollars a month for what amounts to a 500 megabyte per month service. Do yourself a favor and use a real company that has honest billing!

Freedompop - 99 cent sim and free service was the offer

Upon activation(supposed to the the 99 cents) they charged me $98.88 for service i did not get a chance to select prior to the charge. The also charged a 20$ top off for my account and when I tried to turn off the top off they charged me $6.99 all without ever telling me I was going to be charged. The charges just show up in your billing area of the account. Stay away from these scam artists and I hope there is a class action law suit to address this blatant fraud.

Freedompop - Bought Two Phones and Service was Cut Off Unless I Paid

No such thing as a free service. Freedom Pop sells the cheap MOTO E with a free SIM and service and then cancels the service for whatever reason. When you call them to see what's up they tell you that only paying customers get customer service. In the end, I wasted my money of two locked phones that nobody wants even at a discount.