Coverage Area
Style and Design

I opened a FreedomPop account for my son last November (2016).He is in middle school and with his evolving social schedule, it was necessary to make sure he had a way to call or text me when he is on his ventures.

I selected the Premium 2GB plan with talk and text. My son loved his phone so much, it was his token of independence. He was so in love with it that he didn't tell me for MONTHS that it doesn't work without a WIFI signal. After several outings without checking in, sometime in March, he brought to my attention that it doesn't connect without internet...and then it can only connect sometimes.

I became livid. My boyfriend, who had talked me into buying the FreedomPop phone said there was a special app ASIDE FROM the regular calling and texting apps that you use through FreedomPop that work without internet. We download them....they don't work. Now I'm irritated.

My $19.99 a month plan, which normally I am being charged $30-$50 a month for (for reasons I don't understand) which serves absolutely no purpose has GOT TO GO! The only problem? The service is absolutely IMPOSSIBLE to cancel!! I have sent numerous emails through their app, I've called to try to cancel...and now I am going to share my experience all over the web.

The FreedomPop app is garbage, it crashes every time I open it. When you click "Contact" it brings up a message the send with your phone information automatically generated, but then a pop up appears that says "This is not a monitored email address and your message will not be responded to" WTF IS THAT?! What, then, is the purpose of the contact page?!?!?!?!

I have called and had my call dropped or "Nobody available to take my call" and money just keeps coming out of my bank account.I will now be calling my bank and stopping all future withdrawals from FreedomPop and I will be warning all future consumers about what a terrible service FreedomPop offers.

Review about: Freedompop Mobile Phone Service.

Reason of review: Not as described.

I didn't like: Service, Receiving a broken phone and not getting a refund, Customer support, Being charged unecessarily, Occasional charges.

Had an Experience with FreedomPop?

Comments